Description


A diary of my mothing activity covering highlights and photos from my moth trapping activities. Mainly Norfolk (UK), occasionally beyond. I may mention other wildlife sightings here, especially insects, but for birds see my birding diary.

Wednesday 22 April 2015

Swallow Prominent

The last 3 nights have been cool and clear and moth numbers have been low.  Tuesday night scraped a Brindled Beauty and my first Swallow Prominent of the year, but it's been dire apart from that.



Swallow Prominent, North Elmham, 20th April


Brindled Beauty, North Elmham, 20th April


The rest were Small Quaker, 2 Hebrew Characters and Early Grey on Monday night, 2 Clouded Drabs, 3 Hebrew Characters and Early Grey on Tuesday night and Early Thorn, Clouded Drab, 2 Hebrew Characters and 2 Early Greys last night.

No doubt the sunny days would have produced a few more interesting insects had I not been working, but I did manage Holly Blue, Peacock and Small Tortoiseshell in my lunch break on Tuesday.

No comments:

Post a Comment