Description


A diary of my mothing activity covering highlights and photos from my moth trapping activities. Mainly Norfolk (UK), occasionally beyond. I may mention other wildlife sightings here, especially insects, but for birds see my birding diary.

Tuesday 7 April 2015

Butterflies, beetles and bugs

A wander round Syderstone Common in my lunch break failed to produce any interesting birds or moths, but 1-2 Brimstones and 2-3 Peacocks made it my first multiple-butterfly day this year.  Also got 3 bug and beetle lifers.  The first I was looking for: Gorse Shieldbug - found 3 different individuals without trying too hard.  


Gorse Sheldbug, Syderstone Common, 7th April


Second lifer was also a bug, Stenodema laevigata.

Stenodema laevigata, Syderstone Common, 7th April


Third was a small but bright beetle, Cereal Leaf Beetle Oulema melanopus/rufocyanea agg.  No pictures of that as the specimen was covered in debris by the time I got the camera on it.  Instead a Bloody-nosed Beetle...

Bloody-nosed Beetle, Syderstone Common, 7th April

No comments:

Post a Comment