Description


A diary of my mothing activity covering highlights and photos from my moth trapping activities. Mainly Norfolk (UK), occasionally beyond. I may mention other wildlife sightings here, especially insects, but for birds see my birding diary.

Monday 6 April 2015

Coleophora adspersella

I recently dissected some more micros I'd retained from last summer.  Among them was this Dusted Case-bearer Coleophora adspersella.  Not entirely sure of its status as the Norfolk Moths website is currently down, but judging from the page stored in Google's cache it looks like there is only one previous record in the Norfolk Moths database, from Great Yarmouth in 1997.  Having said that there are unspecified VC28 (west Norfolk) records going from the map in MOGBI, so it's probably overlooked rather than genuinely rare.



Dusted Case-bearer Coleophora adspersella (male, gen det), Bawdeswell, 15th July 2014

No comments:

Post a Comment