Description


A diary of my mothing activity covering highlights and photos from my moth trapping activities. Mainly Norfolk (UK), occasionally beyond. I may mention other wildlife sightings here, especially insects, but for birds see my birding diary.

Friday 20 March 2015

Grey Shoulder-knot and other macros

Found tonight's best on the grass before I turned in last night - a Grey Shoulder-knot, new for the year.

Grey Shoulder-knot, North Elmham, 19th March


At the same time this Shoulder Stripe was in the shed.  Always nice to see, especially at a time when mothing activity tends to be dominated by Orthosia spp.

Shoulder Stripe, North Elmham, 19th March


All in there was a good number and a good variety - 20 moths of 8 species.  But... STILL NO MICROS!  Can't believe I've still only notched up 3 species of micro this year to date.

The rest of the macros were: March Moth, Small Quaker, 3 Common Quakers, 2 Clouded Drabs, 10 Hebrew Characters and Early Grey.

 Clouded Drab, North Elmham, 19th March

No comments:

Post a Comment