Description


A diary of my mothing activity covering highlights and photos from my moth trapping activities. Mainly Norfolk (UK), occasionally beyond. I may mention other wildlife sightings here, especially insects, but for birds see my birding diary.

Sunday 8 March 2015

A slow week

After a couple of nil returns Thursday night seemed more promising but proved a great disappointment with just 5 Common Flat-bodies Agonopterix heracliana and 2 Dotted Borders.  Friday night was no better with 4 Common Flat-bodies Agonopterix heracliana and March Moth.  On Friday night Dave and I tried searching by torchlight at a local spot we thought might be sheltered from the wind.  Number of moths attracted to torch light = zero.  A few mildly interesting things on one big old Copper Beech trunk - a Common Earwig, a Common Green Shieldbug and 2-3 woodlouse which proved to be Common Rough Woodlouse Porcellio scaber - probably the commonest woodlouse but the first time I've identified it.

Common Rough Woodlouse Porcellio scaber, Bittering, 6th March

No comments:

Post a Comment