Description


A diary of my mothing activity covering highlights and photos from my moth trapping activities. Mainly Norfolk (UK), occasionally beyond. I may mention other wildlife sightings here, especially insects, but for birds see my birding diary.

Sunday 1 March 2015

4th for Norfolk

The end of February didn't bring many more moths - Pale Brindled Beauty and Chestnut on Thursday night and Pale Brindled Beauty last night.

I have a few dissections to do from last summer.  Did 3 Coleophora from July and one turned out good.  It was a Black-bindweed Case-bearer Coleophora therinella.  It's the fourth record for Norfolk, my second.



Black-bindweed Case-bearer Coleophora therinella (female), Bawdeswell, 23rd July 2014


The other two I did were Grey Rush Case-bearer Coleophora glaucicolella, one of each gender.



Grey Rush Case-bearer Coleophora glaucicolella (female), Bawdeswell, 17th July 2014



Grey Rush Case-bearer Coleophora glaucicolella (male), Bawdeswell, 13th July 2014

No comments:

Post a Comment