Description


A diary of my mothing activity covering highlights and photos from my moth trapping activities. Mainly Norfolk (UK), occasionally beyond. I may mention other wildlife sightings here, especially insects, but for birds see my birding diary.

Wednesday 27 May 2015

Pseudoswammerdamia

Last night's moths were few in number and there was just the one micro among them.  But that was Copper-tipped Ermel Pseudoswammerdamia combinella, a new moth for me.


Copper-tipped Ermel Pseudoswammerdamia combinella, North Elmham, 26th May


The macros were Red Twin-spot Carpet, 5 Common Pugs, Orange Footman, Muslin Moth, Flame Shoulder, Small Square-spot, Shears, Rustic Shoulder-knot and Vine's Rustic

Vine's Rustic, North Elmham, 26th May


Earlier I had come across this Cinereous Groundling Bryotropha terrella flying round the garden.

Cinerous Groundling Bryotropha terrella (male, gen det), North Elmham, 26th May


This colourful little beetle appeared at my study window while I was working from home today, my first Common Malachite Malachius bipustulatus.

Common Malachite Malachius bipustulatus, North Elmham, 27th May

No comments:

Post a Comment