Description


A diary of my mothing activity covering highlights and photos from my moth trapping activities. Mainly Norfolk (UK), occasionally beyond. I may mention other wildlife sightings here, especially insects, but for birds see my birding diary.

Thursday 21 May 2015

Aspilatpteryx

Went dusking on the patch this evening after work.  Caught a few moths, though not as many as I'd have liked.

The first site had Dark-barred Tortrix Syndemis musculana and Sandy Carpet.

Sandy Carpet, near Bittering, 21st May


I'm pretty sure I managed to put a name to a fly like this in the past, but whether I did or not, I can't now...

unidentified fly, near Bittering, 21st May


Next site scored with Large Long-horn Nematopogon swammerdamella - my sixth this year - are they having a good year or have I just been lucky?  Also a caterpillar crawling up a Copper Beach tree - like the last one this looks a bit like Dun-bar to me but I would appreciate confirmation or otherwise.
 
unidentified caterpillar, possibly Dun-bar?, Bittering, 21st May


Finally Creaking Gate Lake produced a bit more, starting with only my third ever Ribwort Slender Aspilapteryx tringipennella.

Ribwort Slender Aspilapteryx tringipennella, Creaking Gate Lake, 21st May


Also here were Gorse Case-bearer Coleophora albicosta, Chinese Character, Silver-ground Carpet and Green Carpet.

 Gorse Case-bearer Ceolophora albicosta, Creaking Gate Lake, 21st May

No comments:

Post a Comment