Description


A diary of my mothing activity covering highlights and photos from my moth trapping activities. Mainly Norfolk (UK), occasionally beyond. I may mention other wildlife sightings here, especially insects, but for birds see my birding diary.

Tuesday 26 May 2015

Maiden's Blush

A day-time moth flying in the garden proved to be Common Nettle-tap Anthophila fabriciana - probably indicates that I need to do some gardening as they're rather fond of stinging nettles.

Common Nettle-tap Anthophila fabriciana, North Elmham, 25th May


First moth of the evening was this fine Maiden's Blush, new for the year.

Maiden's Blush, North Elmham, 25th May


Can't go wrong with Chocolate-tip, even if it was my third this year (I'd only ever seen 4 before).

Chocolate-tip, North Elmham, 25th May


Garden Carpet was new for the year and the other contents of the moth trap were 2 Red Twin-spot Carpets, 2 Brimstone Moths, 2 White Ermines, 3 Small Square-spots and 2 Treble Lines. 

Small Square-spot, North Elmham, 25th May

No comments:

Post a Comment