Description


A diary of my mothing activity covering highlights and photos from my moth trapping activities. Mainly Norfolk (UK), occasionally beyond. I may mention other wildlife sightings here, especially insects, but for birds see my birding diary.

Tuesday 25 May 2021

Review of 2019 and 2020 - Leafhoppers and allies

LEAFHOPPERS and allies (HEMIPTERA: AUCHENORRHYNCHA)

This second sub-order of bugs covers the leafhoppers and allies.  There are 8 pages - if you want to look through them all then start here and follow the "Next page" links at the bottom of each page to move through.  Alternatively you can use the hyperlinks (orange text) below to jump straight to the families/subfamilies you're interested in.  As with the typical bugs (Heteroptera) I have included mention of all the species that I have personally recorded here and at the meadows in previous years, whether I recorded them in 2019-20 or not.

As before, I always welcome feedback, especially if any errors have crept in.  Please get in touch if you think anything needs looking at again, or if you can clear up any of the unanswered questions.

Red-and-black Froghopper Cercopis vulnerata


Alder Spittlebug Aphrophora alni


  • Cicadellidae (Leafhoppers):
Eared Leafhopper Ledra aurita


Tremulicerus tremulae


male Oncopsis flavicollis


    • subfamily Deltocephalinae:
Psammotettix confinis



Allygus mixtus


    • subfamily Typhlocybinae:
Alebra albostriella


Eupteryx atropunctata


Fagocyba carri


Zygina flammigera


Cixius nervosus


Eurysa lineata


No comments:

Post a Comment