Description


A diary of my mothing activity covering highlights and photos from my moth trapping activities. Mainly Norfolk (UK), occasionally beyond. I may mention other wildlife sightings here, especially insects, but for birds see my birding diary.

Thursday 7 April 2016

Esperia sulphurella (Sulphur Tubic)

Monday night got me a nice moth at last - a Sulphur Tubic Esperia sulphurella.  My second ever and first at home, and a stunning little moth.


Sulphur Tubic Esperia sulphurella, North Elmham, 4th April


Not a great deal else: Common Flat-body Agonopterix heracliana, Brindled Pug, 3 Small Quakers, 4 Common Quakers, Clouded Drab, 8 Hebrew Characters and Early Grey.

Tuesday night was poor: Shoulder Stripe, 6 Hebrew Characters, Small Quaker and Clouded Drab.  Last night was breezy and the worst night for ages with just 4 moths, Twin-spotted Quaker and 3 Hebrew Characters.

No comments:

Post a Comment