Description


A diary of my mothing activity covering highlights and photos from my moth trapping activities. Mainly Norfolk (UK), occasionally beyond. I may mention other wildlife sightings here, especially insects, but for birds see my birding diary.

Wednesday 6 January 2016

An early moth and an Early Moth

Just one moth the night before last, a Pale Brindled Beauty, but more mild conditions last night produced 4 different moths.  Dotted Border was my earliest ever by over a month, Early Moth was also my earliest ever, though not by much and a Rusty Oak Button Acleris ferrugana was my first in January.  Also a Winter Moth.

Rusty Oak Button Acerlis ferrugana (male, gen det), North Elmham, 5th January


Early Moth, North Elmham, 5th January


Dotted Border, North Elmham, 5th January

No comments:

Post a Comment