Description


A diary of my mothing activity covering highlights and photos from my moth trapping activities. Mainly Norfolk (UK), occasionally beyond. I may mention other wildlife sightings here, especially insects, but for birds see my birding diary.

Tuesday 26 January 2016

A burst of activity

After several nights with no moths things started hotting up on Sunday night with no less than six moths, all different.  They were Rusty Oak Button Acleris ferrugana, Pale Brindled Beauty, Spring Usher, Early Moth, Common Quaker and Chestnut.  The Common Quaker was my earliest ever (by two weeks).

Rusty Oak Button Acleris ferrugana (male, gen det), North Elmham, 24th January



Common Quaker, North Elmham, 24th January


Spring Usher, North Elmham, 24th January


Pale Brindled Beauty, North Elmham, 24th January


Early Moth, North Elmham, 24th January


Last night saw 5 moths but less variety - Dotted Border and 4 Early Moths.  The latter was an exceptional record for me - I had two together one night last year but have otherwise only ever recorded Early Moths one at a time.

No comments:

Post a Comment