Description


A diary of my mothing activity covering highlights and photos from my moth trapping activities. Mainly Norfolk (UK), occasionally beyond. I may mention other wildlife sightings here, especially insects, but for birds see my birding diary.

Monday 27 February 2017

Three new moths for the year

Wednesday night saw another Oak Beauty, a Dotted Border and my first Satellite of the year here.  Also 2 ichneumid wasps Ophion obscuratus.

Satellite, North Elmham, 22nd February


All I could muster on Thursday night was a single Common Flat-body Agonopterix heracliana and Friday night was no better with just a Chestnut.

I wasn't expecting much more on Saturday night but ended up with Pale Brindled Beauty, Dotted Border, my first Hebrew Character of the year and 2 Chestnuts.

 Hebrew Character, North Elmham, 25th February


On Sunday I found a Common Wasp in the house, my first this year.  Last night a Winter Shades Tortricodes alternella was also new for the year.  Also 3 Pale Brindled Beauties.


Winter Shades Tortricodes alternella, North Elmham, 26th February


Today this Varied Carpet Beetle Anthrenus verbasci in the bathroom was my first this year.

Varied Carpet Beetle Anthrenus verbasci, North Elmham, 27th February

No comments:

Post a Comment