Description


A diary of my mothing activity covering highlights and photos from my moth trapping activities. Mainly Norfolk (UK), occasionally beyond. I may mention other wildlife sightings here, especially insects, but for birds see my birding diary.

Tuesday 1 March 2016

Tufted Button (aka Acleris cristana)

Things have been pretty slow on the moth front since last time I posted, but there has been a trickle of moths.  The stand-out highlight was a Tufted Button Acleris cristana - not a rare species by any means but my first. 


Tufted Button Acleris cristana, North Elmham 23rd February


Others new for the year were Common Flat-body Agonopterix heracliana on 22nd, Hebrew Character on 26th and March Moth on 28th.

Common Flat-body Agonopterix heracliana, North Elmham 22nd February


Hebrew Character, North Elmham 26th February


March Moth, North Elmham 26th February


Other moths recorded since my last post were:
  • Sat 20th:  2 Dotted Borders and Early Moth
  • Sun 21st: Dotted Border and Common Quaker
  • Mon 22nd: Early Moth
  • Tue 23rd: 2 Early Moths
  • Fri 26th: Dotted Border and 2 Chestnuts
  • Sat 27th: 2 Early Moths and Chestnut
  • Sun 28th: Chestnut
  • Mon 29th: March Moth, Hebrew Character and Chestnut

No comments:

Post a Comment