Description


A diary of my mothing activity covering highlights and photos from my moth trapping activities. Mainly Norfolk (UK), occasionally beyond. I may mention other wildlife sightings here, especially insects, but for birds see my birding diary.

Thursday 12 February 2015

Ushering Spring

I missed one.  Went to put the trap out this evening and found a Spring Usher on the outside rim.  The light hadn't gone on yet so it must have been attracted last night, missed by me when I went through the trap this morning and conveniently stayed in place all day so as to give me a second chance.

So with the Early Moth and Chestnut that's my first night this year with 3 species of moth.  It really is ushering in the spring.

Spring Usher, North Elmham, 11th February

No comments:

Post a Comment